Effective Date: August 1, 2017
By visiting the Site or using our Services, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Site and Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy and our Terms and Conditions for Customers, including its applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes. The Intima Terms and Conditions for Customers are incorporated by reference into this Policy.
I. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Personal Information. When you sign up to the Platform, update your account details, provide your billing information, provide your emergency contact information or make other use of our services, we may ask you for personally identifiable information ("Personal Information"). The Personal Information can be used to contact you or identify you and it may include, but not limited to, your name, email address, phone number, address and credit card information. We may use the Personal Information, either by itself or in conjunction with other information, for the following purposes:
- Create your account at our Platform, let you login into the account, administer your account, monitor your account, provide customer service and contact you with information, alerts and suggestions that are related to your account.
- Billing-related purposes.
- Reach out to you, either ourselves or using the appropriate authorities, if either we or a Coach has a good reason to believe that you or any other person may be in danger or may be either the cause or the victim of a criminal act.
- Let a Coach know your first name so he or she can communicate with you effectively.
- Let a Coach know your state to ensure he is licensed and/or qualified to provide a service to you.
- For Coaches, Personal Information may include your employment history, specialties, licenses, certifications, gender, languages spoken, educational background, address, photograph, and bank account information.
- Any other information you provide to us.
Profile Information. We may ask you several questions about you and your needs, including usernames, passwords and questionnaires. ("Profile Information"). This information is shared with Coaches that use our Platform. We may use the Profile Information, either by itself or in conjunction with other information, for the following purposes:
- Match you with a Coach.
- Help us and our Coaches to get to know you and your needs.
- Collect and analyze statistical or aggregated information which is not personally identifiable.
Session Content. While using the Platform you and a Coach might write or say things by means of text-based communication (such as messages), verbal communication or video communication (collectively "Session Content"). The Session Content is shared with the Coach that works with you. The Session Content may be used, either by itself or in conjunction with other information, for the following purposes:
- Let a Coach provide the service to you.
- Supervise, administer and monitor the service.
Note that all communications transmitted through the Platform, may be recorded or monitored for quality assurance and training purposes and become part of your file and records.
Other Information. We may collect certain information automatically when you use our Services, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, device and advertising identifiers, browser type, operating system, Internet service Coach, pages that you visit before and after using the Services, the date and time of your visit, information about the links you click and pages you view within the Services, and other standard server log information. We may also collect certain location information when you use our Services, such as your computer’s IP address, your mobile device’s GPS signal, or information about nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
We may also collect technical data to address and fix technical problems and improve our Services, including the memory state of your device when a system or app crash occurs while using our Services. Your device or browser settings may permit you to control the collection of this technical data. This data may include parts of a document you were using when a problem occurred, or the contents of your communications. By using the Services, you are consenting to the collection of this technical data.
We may also receive information about you from other sources, including through third-party services and organizations. For example, if you access third-party services, such as Facebook, Google, or Twitter, through the Services to login to the Services or to share information about your experience on the Services with others, we may collect information from these third-party services.
II. Use of Information
We generally use the information we collect to:
- Provide and improve the Services;
- Contact you;
- Fulfill your requests for products, services, and information;
- Send you information about additional Service from us or on behalf of our affiliates and trusted third-party partners;
- Analyze the use of the Services and user data to understand and improve the Services;
- Customize the content you see when you use the Services;
- Conduct research using your information, which may be subject to your separate written authorization;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities and otherwise in accordance with our Terms and Conditions for Customers;
- To better understand how users access and use our Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes; and
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
III. Sharing of Information
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
- Authorized Third-Party Vendors and Service Providers. We may share your information with third-party vendors and service-providers that help us with specialized services, including billing, payment processing, customer service, email deployment, business analytics, marketing (including but not limited to advertising, attribution, mobile marketing, optimization and retargeting), performance monitoring, hosting, and data processing. These third-party vendors and service providers may not use your information for purposes other than those related to the services they are providing to us.
- Research Partners. We may share your information with our research partners to conduct health-related research; such sharing may be subject to your separate written authorization.
- Corporate Affiliates. We may share your information with our corporate affiliates that are subject to this policy.
- Business Transfers. We may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a website, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Legal Purposes. We may disclose information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, health, safety, and security of American Well, our affiliates, users, or the public. If we are legally compelled to disclose information about you to a third party, we will attempt to notify you by sending an email to the email address in our records unless doing so would violate the law or unless you have not provided your email address to us.
- With Your Consent or At Your Direction. We may share information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent or direction.
If you access third-party services, such as Facebook, Google, or Twitter, through the Services to login to the Services or to share information about your experience on the Services with others, these third-party services may be able to collect information about you, including information about your activity on the Site, and they may notify your connections on the third-party services about your use of the Site, in accordance with their own privacy policies.
If you choose to engage in public activities on the Site or third party sites that we link to, you should be aware that any information you share there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these areas. You should use caution in disclosing personal information while participating in these areas. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit in these public areas.
We use reasonable measures to help protect information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. You should understand that no data storage system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Please note that information collected by third parties may not have the same security protections as information you submit to us, and we are not responsible for protecting the security of such information.
V. Your Choices
You may opt out of receiving general health and wellness or treatment options that may be relevant to you by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also request that we delete your personal information by sending us an email at email@example.com.
You may be able to refuse or disable cookies by adjusting your web browser settings. Because each web browser is different, please consult the instructions provided by your web browser (typically in the “help” section). Please note that you may need to take additional steps to refuse or disable Local Shared Objects and similar technologies. If you choose to refuse, disable, or delete these technologies, some of the functionality of the Services may no longer be available to you.
We do not share personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
VI. Third-Party Links
Our Site and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
VII. International Users
We do not knowingly allow individuals under the age of 18 to create accounts that allow access to our Services.