May is mental health awareness month. Here at Intima Health, we take mental health very seriously. This month, we hope to bring even more awareness to mental health, and how important it is. This blog is going to give you a list of things you can work into your day to day life to increase the self-care you show yourself. Self-care can look different for everyone. If you are not sure what self-care looks like, or what it can do for you – keep reading!
Self-care is a way for people to unplug, and ease a little bit of stress. With extremely busy lives, a lot of people just don’t prioritize this. If you are unsure what you can do for self-care, ask yourself this: “When do I feel the most at ease?” Or “what am I doing when I feel the least stressed?” Asking yourself these questions will help you to create a list of things that can be added to your self-care routine.
If possible, try to work AT LEAST one of the things on your list into your routine daily. It is so easy to get overwhelmed, worked up, discouraged, etc. and forget to take care of yourself mentally. You will be surprised at how different you feel when you prioritize your mental health. Here is a list of options that you could try and fit into your self-care routine:
- Read a book (a chapter at a time if you don’t have the time to read more)
- Take 5-10 minutes a day to isolate yourself and practice breathing techniques
- Take a relaxing bubble bath, while listening to soothing music
- Go for a walk, taking time to notice and appreciate nature
- Lounge on the couch and watch a favorite movie
- Write in a journal and reflect on your personal goals
- Sit on your back or front porch and listen to nature
- Listen to a favorite podcast or discover a new podcast
- Learn a new hobby or spend time doing a hobby you enjoy
- Work out or do something that helps you become a “healthier” you
There are so many different things that you can compile on your list. Everyone’s list will look different, and that is okay. Be sure to really focus, and plan out how you can incorporate a little extra self-care into your day every day, especially this month!
Not sure how to bring some self-care into your life, or need help in creating a self-care routine? Our experts at Intima Health can work with you to create a self-care routine, and help you get to where you want to be mentally! Find an expert by creating an account here! Have more questions about what Intima Health can offer you? Find out more here!